Law, Business, Compliance and Society
This course is designed to promote and engage in a dialogue about the relationship between law, business and society; to consider how laws may reflect societal norms, promote well-being and express economic conditions and assumptions; and to demonstrate postgraduate level research, communication and collaboration skills in a research paper(s) on public policy issues.
Postgraduate students are able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of substantive law and procedure, to demonstrate competence in legal analysis and critical reasoning, and able to demonstrate competence in legal research and in written and oral communication.
- Interdisciplinary emphasis
- Comparative economic systems emphasis
- Business and society
- Domestic, global and internet ethics and law emphasis
- Administrative agency and regulatory process emphasis
- Legal forms of business organisation and securities regulation emphasis
- Labor management relations emphasis
- Product liability emphasis
- Environmental protection emphasis
- The sustainability business case
- Business entities
- Cultural property: A case study in Bali
- Project: Legal cases in Bali
- Final Exam
- Berry, Michael A. and Rondinelli, Dennis A. (1998). “Proactive Corporate Environmental Management: A New Industrial Revolution,” Academy of Management Executive,12 (2), 38-50.
- Brewer, Scott and Robert Nozick, eds. (1998). Moral Theory and Legal Reasoning(New York: Garland).
- Cahn, Steven and Tziporah Kasachkoff, eds. (2003). Morality and Public Policy(Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall).
- Easterbrook, Frank and Daniel Fischel (1991). The Economic Structure of Law(Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press).
- Ferrell, O., John Fraedrich, and Linda Ferrell (2004). Business Ethics: Ethical Decision Making and Cases.Sixth Edition. (Boston: Houghton Mifflin).
- Kaufman, Allen, Lawrence Zacharias, & Marvin Karson (1995). Managers vs. Owners: The Struggle for Corporate Control in American Democracy(New York: Oxford).
- Korten, David C. (1999). The Post-Corporate World: Life after Capitalism (San Francisco: Berrett-Koehler Publishers).
- Korten, David C. (1996). When Corporations Rule the World(San Francisco: Berrett-Koehler Publishers).
- McAdams, T., N. Neslund and K. Neslund. (2004) Law, Business and Society. 7th Edition. (Homewood, IL: Irwin Press).
Written Exam (60 min.)
30% Attendance, Discussions, Assignments
30% Midterm Exam
40% Final Exam
Course content may vary from the outline to meet the needs of this particular group.
More information about GoBali programs are available on www.gobali.org.
Indonesia: Udayana University, 2019