The Indonesian Language course introduces students to Bahasa Indonesia, then goes on to provide them the skills necessary to survive in most day-to-day social and business situations.
This course is designed for students who are beginners in the Indonesian language. It is consistently and intentionally focused on providing the students with the basic skills of Indonesian comprising key topics which serve as a foundational tool for students to interact/communicate in Indonesian. In doing so, the materials are carefully selected to fulfill the students’ communicative needs. Although the course is mainly intended for communicative purposes, grammatical reviews are provided in the end of each section to guide the students with the grammatical/structural rules associated with the expression under study.
- Bukan vs. Tidak
- Question Words
- Active Construction
- Transitive and Intransitive Verbs
- Passive Construction
- Imperative Construction
- Degree of Comparison
- More Time Indicators: Time Phrases
- Conditional Construction
- Conversation Traning
- Final Exam
- Byrnes, C et al. 2003. Teach Yourself Indonesian. London: Contemporary Book
- Fang, L. Y. 1991. Speak Indonesian. Singapore: Times Books International.
- Hibbs, Linda, Tracey Stobbe, and Sally Ure. 1997. Kenalilah Indonesia Australia Pty. Ltd.
- Grifith University. 1994. An Indonesian Language Course. Australia: Griffith University
- Lunandi, A.G. 1999. Indonesian Language for English Speaking Students. Book 1. Nerang: TrisonsDesigns
- Lunandi, A.G. 2000. Indonesian Language for English Speaking Students. Book 2. Nerang: TrisonsDesigns
- Partoredjo, I. S. 1981. Bahasa Indonesia Modern I & II. Mansfield. Queensland
- Sneddon, James Neil. 2010. 2nd edition. Indonesian Comprehensive Grammar. London: Routledge
- White, Ian J. 1988. Bahasa Tetanggaku: A Notional-Functional Course in Bahasa Indonesia.Melbourne: Longman Chesire.
- Tika, I Ketut et al. Bahasa Indonesia.
Written Exam (60 min.)
30% Attendance, Discussions, Assignments
30% Midterm Exam
40% Final Exam
Course content may vary from the outline to meet the needs of this particular group.