Selamat! Last week I was so tired of surfing and studying that we decided to go to Lovina resort for the week-end. We thought that that would be great idea to have rest and relax in calm water. I’ve never been there, that’s why I didn’t know what we were confronted with difficulties such as:
– Extremely long way, about 3,5 hours. Luckily, we went by bike, because on the way to Bratan there was a huge traffic jam.
– Place, in which we decided to stay, was beautiful, but very old and nobody watch it. We have a room with a lot of cobweb and as we understood at night bug-ridden beds!!
– The whole Lovina was so boring and full of pensioners.
– The sea itself was not as fascinating and blue as we expected. Still the water was warm.
– Snorkeling wasn’t good, not so many beautiful fish and clean water.
Good point is that we visited the deserted hotel near Lake Bratan. According to the legend, in one night all the guests and the staff were taken by the spirits. It was thrilling, but still very beautiful and incredible.
So, I exhort you to go to Amed, if you want to snorkel and see something interesting. It’s much closer, the road is very picturesque, and you can stop in Candi Dasa, also a good place to snorkel or go further to Amed.